I was lucky enough to attend the course in a very particular moment in my work life. At the end of the course I felt energized and realized that I needed to get back to being the cheerful, boisterous, energetic and positive self that I've always been.
The course was a great learning experience as it made me realize that:
- Role of a leader is not only to deal with complex issues but also with complex and complicated people
- I should not allow the fear, insecurity and negativity of one person or a group of people undermine or sap my passion and commitment
- Skills can be acquired but the challenge is to know oneself
- Organizations can have excellent processes and bullet proof procedures, however it takes individuals and more specifically leaders to ensure allthe assets are put to good use
- My issues are not necessarily greater nor more complex than others, that when my challenge is unpacked it may very well turn out to be rathermundane
- I need to be more self-aware of my leadership skills